Friday 4 March 2011

contentment

 last night I watched a video of back home and I was quick to feel emotional because of the living conditions that I saw. I felt sad for my family and I couldnt hold back the tears. However, as I continued to watch the video I noticed that every single person on the video was.. how do i put it?..simply happy. they had very basic things, shelter, food in their stomach and clothes on their back, and this made them happy. So happy that it made me crave that happiness which brightened their faces making them beautiful with contentment. It simply left me desiring to go back and be carefree as them even with so little. I believe its not superficial things like money that makes one happy but true contentment with what Allaah tabaaraka wa t3ala has blessed one with. Just that; being happy with what is given to you, little or big.
I leave you to reflect on this quote that I found....

    I Like this quote I dislike this quoteContentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty

No comments:

Post a Comment