Tuesday 26 July 2011

family

I run into my cousin today and though we live in the same city we haven’t seen each in months. We used to be close when we were younger; she would come to London from Holland for the holidays. I simply adored her company; she was always fun, full of energy and life. It’s weird how things turn out. After a long embrace, we went back to another cousin of ours which she stays as its closer to her work placement. As I entered the house and greeted the family, an overwhelming sadness came over me. I felt like I have missed out as I am slightly distance when it comes to my family. The thing about my family is that though I love them and I don’t like most of them, and there are lots of them. I don’t think I know anyone who has as much as I do. As a consequence they don’t like each other much and hardly see each other. I would love it if we had more of a relationship. Seeing my beautiful cousin just made me miserable as it reminded of my dysfunctional relationship with my family. Family is of paramount importance as lack of it leaves a hole in a person. I know it’s an over exhausted clichĂ© however friends come and go but family don’t so it’s important to try with them even if it’s just you doing all the work.
I bid her farewell determined that I would try in the future with them inshaa Allah.

2 comments:

  1. Asalamu alaikum

    JazakAllah for sharing, feel free to comment/follow my blog, new bloglet 'Good In Return For Bad' have a read if you got a little spare time, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa 3alaykum warahmatullah, wa iyaaka, thank you so much for reading. I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete