Saturday 2 March 2013

make up



My, my, make- up is deceptive. I found a quote somewhere which simply stated, ' women lie every time they put on make-up.' that isn't an exaggeration. After all, isn't make-up a face on top of one's face?
I don't mean an eyeliner and blusher; I mean the whole 'sha-bang', the transformed, 'you look like someone else' one. 

I watched a video on YouTube, where the woman had extreme acne and as a result had scarred face.
After she finished applying the make-up she looked so different! As if she never had spotty face.  I know that make-up is supposed to enhance your beauty but most of the time it gives you features and flawless skin that you don’t possess. That is just deception in my eyes. It makes an average looking person so exquisite and the pretty person extremely beautiful. You can contour your face, giving yourself cheek bones and slender face.

I find myself conflicted when it comes to make-up because whenever I have it on I feel as though it’s not me and that I am deceiving people. When people compliment me with my make-up I dismiss it, as they haven’t seen my face without it.  I also think that make- up is designed to give us low self esteem. Most people who regularly wear make-up feel ugly without it. As a consequence feel very insecure. I personally think foundation messes up your face, leaving you with discolouration and uneven skin tone, well on ethnic skin anyway.
  
People are free to do whatever they want but everything has a consequence. Instead of spending so much money on make-up invest in making yourself feel better. Masking your insecurities won’t make it go away. As a dear friend always says to me your beauty is your own stop comparing yourself to other people. At the end of the day, you are you and no matter how much you admire and wish to look someone else it isn't going to happen. So be happy with what you have. Confidence and contentment makes one beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment